A slab leak is a common plumbing issue. At first, it is just a minor leak that may develop into a more complex issue if left unfixed. It can occur when the drainpipes of your water supply crack, break or burst. The worst thing about slab leaks is that it’s challenging to find them without the proper training and equipment. Some common signs of a slab leak include:
- You can hear flowing water even when the faucets are off.
- The unexplainable continuous rotation of your water meter
- Cracks in the flooring or walls
- Visible moisture or mildew underneath your flooring or carpets
- The unpleasant smell of your sewage which may indicate a problem in the drain or sewer line
- A recent bug issue caused by ground moisture
- More expensive water bills