Its Quick and Easy!
Ever get in the shower and see the water spraying at strange angles from your showerhead? Or maybe you’ve noticed the water pressure getting weaker? It’s not just your imagination.
These are the tell-tale signs of an issue that commonly plagues showerheads; hard water buildup. This issue occurs when minerals, especially calcium, sediments, or other debris, clog your showerhead. Thankfully, it isn’t terribly difficult to clean out your average showerhead.
With just a few steps, you too can handle most showerhead clogs with ease.
- First: Dismantle the shower head, focusing on being careful with the components.
- Second: Once dismantled, you can work your way around the parts cleaning out the buildup with a brush or whatever seems to work best.
- Third: If there is still debris in the showerhead, a soak in vinegar should do the trick. The acid from the vinegar dissolves the sediment and deposits from the showerhead without damaging the components.
- Fourth: Reassemble your showerhead and reattach it to the appropriate section of pipe.
- Lastly,: Run water through your shower to test the connections. If the connection leaks, detach your showerhead, check the components and then reattach until you find the right fit.
If you follow these simple steps, you’ll have your shower flowing free in no time!
You Can Always Call A Professional
Of course, if this seems like too much of a hassle for you, you can always havea professional handle your plumbing jobs. The plumbers here at Diamondback Plumbing have years of training and experience, enough to handle your toughest plumbing jobs and then some. If you continues to have issues, feel free to call one of our friendly service representatives today! Whether you need your shower head cleaned, your drains snaked, or your home repiped; we have the tools and team to get the job done right.